Using condoms can help protect you and your partner during penetrative sex, anal sex or oral sex. Even if you are just using sex toys, covering it with a condom is a great way to prevent the transmission of STIs and bacterial vaginosis.
The key to condom effectivity is to use them correctly. Luckily, this blog post will educate you on how to use a condom properly. It also comes with safety tips that will be helpful for you.
Steps on how to use condoms correctly
For beginners and even for expert users, it is vital to know how to put on a condom properly. Below are important guidelines about using condoms that you should follow.
- Before anything else, always check the expiration date of the condom that you are using. Although condoms last a long time, you still need to inspect the expiry date to be safe.
- To start, make sure to position the condom in the correct way. The rim should be facing outside so that it will look like a hat. This will also make the condom easy to unroll. To ensure that it is positioned on the right side, you can slightly unroll the condom before wearing.
- When all is ready, squeeze the tip of the condom a little bit. Then slowly put it on the penis. To insert it easily, make sure that the penis is erect. See to it that you leave a small space at the tip to collect the semen. For those who are uncircumcised, it might be a good idea to pull back your foreskin first before inserting the condom.
- Unroll the condom to the shaft of the penis until it reaches the base. Don’t forget to apply a few drops of water-based lube in the tip of the condom. This will make sex feel good and satisfying. Aside from that, it stops the condom from breaking.
- You can now enjoy your sexual intercourse with your partner. After ejaculating, withdraw your penis from your partner’s body while holding the rim of the condom. Remember to do this before your penis goes flaccid.
- Make sure to slowly take off the condom so that the semen will not accidentally spill. After that, put the condom away in the garbage immediately.
Safety tips in using a condom
One of the most effective ways to have pleasurable and satisfying sex is to take good care of the condoms and using them correctly. Here are some useful safety tips that you should consider.
- Don’t use any sharp objects such as scissors or teeth when opening the condom. You may accidentally tear or rip the condom inside.
- Always store the condoms in a cool and dry place. Do not expose your condoms to extreme sunlight.
- Make sure not to keep a condom in your pocket, inside your car or in the bathroom for over one month. Condoms tend to damage when exposed to excessive heat and moisture.
- Before opening a condom, check if there are no holes in the packaging. The condom should also not torn, dry, sticky or stiff in any way.
- When you inserted the condom in a wrong way or direction, do not reuse it. Always use a new one. This is also true every time you have sex whether it is vaginal, orally or anally.
- It is also helpful to keep a supply of your condom nearby. It should be accessible especially before things start to heat up.
- Although most condoms nowadays are pre-lubricated, it is still important to add extra water-based lube. This will reduce friction and make sex feel even better.
- For first-timers, they can practice putting a condom using a banana or cucumber.
- Do not use your condom to have sex for a long time. Once you ejaculated, remove the condom and change it to a new one.
- If your condom splits or breaks while having sex, you should go and visit your medical doctor or local genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic immediately. This is because you may need emergency contraception.
When it comes to condoms, one way to make it work is to practice. It is a good idea to get used with the sensation before your actual sex routine. In this way, you will experience the best erotic scene ever!
It just takes patience, a little imagination and an optimistic mindset. Aside from that, you can also be confident that both of you are protected from unplanned pregnancy and STDs. Thus, letting you feel at ease and focus on having a satisfying experience.
Make your next intimate moments enjoyable and safe with condoms. Check out your favourite online sex toy shop now to shop for affordable and high-quality condoms. Apart from condoms, you can also find various sex toys and accessories according to your sexual needs.